Enugu traditional ruler, to buy car for indigene who spent 27yrs to become a medical doctor


By Agency Report

Igwe Samuel Asadu, the Traditional Ruler of Edem-Ani Community in Nsukka Local Government Area of Enugu has promised to buy a car to Dr. Bonarichard  Nnanyelugo, a new  medical doctor in the community.

Nnanyelugo was among medical graduates inducted into the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria at the  Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK) on June 17, 2023.

Speaking with newsmen in Nsukka on Monday, Asadu said that he decided to buy car and maintain it  for one year for the new doctor so as to encourage young people to remain focused and determined in achieving their life dream notminding obstacles.

He noted that it was because of determination that made Nnanyelugo to spend 27 years in achieving his ambition of becoming a medical doctor despite obstacles without resorting to any alternative.

"After listening to this young man, how  he spends 27 years in the university in order to become a medical doctor , I felt touched on the resilience and determination of this young man.

"What I am doing for him today is to support him as well as to encourage other young people to remain resolute in pursuing their life dreams not minding challenges on their way.

"I gave him N100,000 to help him entertain his guests during his induction ceremony, and during his Thanksgiving ceremony on June  18 at St. Pual Catholic Church, Edem-Ani, I surprised him when I announced that I will buy him a brand new car and maintain the car for one year for him," he said.

The traditional ruler who is a US trained Nurse said that, the 27-year ordeal of Nnanyelugo in higher Institution underscored his determination to achieve his goal of being a medical doctor.

"I urge rich individuals and philanthropists in the country to always support people who have lofty dreams like Nnanyelugo but are confronted with challenges," he said.

Also speaking, Nnanyelugo said that he decided to go for thanksgiving immediately after induction on June 17 to appreciate God who in spite of ups and downs made it possible for him today to become a medical doctor.

Nnanyelugo said that, his journey to become a medical doctor started in 1996 when he got admission in the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) to study physiotherapy.

"In my second year in UNN  because I  want to be a doctor I wrote another JAMB exam and got admitted in medicien  but along the line I was told to study Biochemistry.

"While in my final year in Biochemistry, I was not satisfied with myself,  I wrote JAMB again and again until I   I got admission in UNIZIK to study medicine again.

"Ordinarily  it takes six years for one to graduate as medical student, my 27 years ordeal in higher institutions was  a long story as result of poor finance and academic failures in most cases.

"But I thank God that after all said and done now I am a medical doctor" he said.

The new medical doctor said in tears of joy said the traditional ruler of his community (Igwe Asadu) had given him a surprise of his life, he would never forget and prayed God to reward him abundantly.

"On the eve of my induction, Asadu gave me N100,000 to use and entertain my guests, as if that was not enough, on the Thanksgiving day he came with his full cabinet members and friends to church show solidarity to me.

"Asadu announced before the congregation that he will buy me a brand new car immediately and maintain the car for one year as well as pay all my levies in the community for one year for me, he said.

The father of two, he was still excited, overwhelmed and lacked words to say thank you to Asadu  for treating him like his biological son.

"However, I am not surprised because  Asadu has done to me because he has done many good things to Edem-Ani people, he built a multi-million naria cottage hospital that indigene accessed free of charge.

"Grant scholarship to graduates from the community with First Class to do their masters and doctorate degrees abroad, built houses for many poor people as well as built what he called Food Bank where poor people and school children come to eat food daily, free of charge," he said.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football a veritable tool to engage youths against crime, drug abuse - Chief Ngwu

Imo State is over due, to occupy the position of VC in UNN - Commissione

Don kicks against implementation of Oronsaye report