2023: I am concerned about who succeeds me in Senate - Sen Utazi


By Agency Reporter

Sen Chukwuka Utazi, representing Enugu North Senatorial District in Senate says, it's giving him concern about who succeeds him in senate 2023.

Utazi said this in Nsukka while speaking with newsmen on the recent award given to him by Starlite Newspaper, a leading community newspaper in the district, as the Most Valuable Senator.

The senator said that he would be happy if one who succeeds him would be somebody who is prepared and knows the job of a parliamentarian very well.

" I am concerned because I want a successor who will be seen in the red chamber regularly and can contribute meaningfully to motions and debates in Senate.

"And not one who wants to be in the red chamber just to answer a Senator.

"It's my first month in Senate that I moved my first motion, because as Lawyer, Political Scientist, former Deputy Speaker, Enugu State House of Assembly.

"And former Secretary of Adada State Movement, I was prepared before going to Senate," he said.

The Senate Minority Whip said he had told Nsukka people in different fora to ensure that, they elect a qualified and capable hand to take over from him as senator in 2023.

"The district should not allow sentiment or pressure to please a  particular candidate and make the mistake of electing an unqualified person to represent the district.

"But should elect one who will continue with the effective representation to the district by  participating actively in everything the Senate is doing," he said

Utazi said he was humbled and overwhelmed by receiving the award of Most Valuable Senator two times.

"I received one in Abuja and one in my district on September 10 from Starlite newspaper, a leading community newspaper in Enugu North district.

"I do not take the awards for granted, rather they encouraged me to do more in Senate for my people and my country.

"I will continue to give effective and quality representation to the district because that was what I promised them when I was campaigning for their votes," Utazi said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Football a veritable tool to engage youths against crime, drug abuse - Chief Ngwu

Imo State is over due, to occupy the position of VC in UNN - Commissione

Don kicks against implementation of Oronsaye report